Wednesday 10 July 2013

so what do you do today?

i am sick. my throat is burning. my eyes are red. my nose is stuffy. my head is aching. i am wheezing. i am coughing non-stop. i blow my nose every now and then. i was at work today. i am fasting today. 19 hours. hot weather does not help at all. but its Ramadan. so i do what i have to do..so what do you do today?

there's not one people not asked me "why are you having cold in this weather?" "why are you fasting when you're like this?", and the best part was a stranger who told me to brew some ginger and "bottom-up" the ginger juice. do you think i choose to fall sick in this beautiful weather? do you think i choose to fall sick during Ramadan? why would i want to pay-off my fasting days when i can fast with everyone else?

i am sick! i have the right to not fast. every single thing in me today, tick all boxes for me to not fast today. i can easily get dehydrated. keep spitting out my phlegm. keep blowing out my nose. keep coughing. my head is spinning. its 19 hours and my throat is so dry that i had to keep telling myself to not reach out for the water. its summer. and it really IS SUMMER. 

but i did it. i fast! so did you? congratulations if you do! shame on you if you don't. so what could your reasons possibly be? its between you and God? I'll pay my fast later? Its too hot? Its too long? People around me is not fasting? Its such a good weather to not have a picnic or BBQ with friends? I am not ready? I just don't wanna fast? I am far from home, my parents wouldn't know? Your parents don't make the rules. God makes the rules. I am a modern Muslim, i dont do things "ancient backward" Muslims do? I am in the UK, who cares who fast or who's not? Brilliant! imma give u 10 for being honest and -10 for being such a dumb ass!

I swear on my late grandma's life i never "cheat" ever. I fast because i feel its my responsibility to do so. hands down, i pray but its not perfect. I am not wearing a hijab. I do things that I am not supposed to do. I go places I am not supposed to go. I am a sinner, but at least I know I am and not proud about it. Fasting, only ONE MONTH out of twelve months. What have you got to lose? 720 hours of fun ONLY, out of 8040 hours. 

SHAME ON YOU! Letting go of easy pahala like this. 
SHAME ON YOU! Wasting a chance of going on a diet without even trying. 
SHAME ON YOU! Calling yourself a Muslim. 
SHAME ON YOU! For all the things that He's done for you, you can't even do this. 
SHAME ON YOU! Dont you dare ask Him for anything else, if you cant even do this for Him, you have NO RIGHT!

Look in the mirror, and ask yourself..why cant i just do this..This could probably be a good start..to everything! Think about it..

Salam Ramadan 1434H
May God bless our ibadah..insyaAllah

-lady-


No comments:

Post a Comment