Monday 7 January 2013

mirror mirror on the wall

Hi! So hows your resolution going? Don't worry, you've got one more week to go. Remember the survey I've told you about? 2 weeks maximum! Kidding =) i wish you all well, and success with your new year's resolution. 

There's one thing about me that I've never post in my blog. I shared everything, well when i say everything, i meant to say everything relevant. Like you, i have my own "skeleton" too. Hell let's forget about the silly skeleton. So, for the past few years, there's one thing that i enjoy doing, taking pictures of myself in front of the mirror when i play dress-ups. I've always enjoy dressing myself up, but i ain't no "fashionista". I just love experimenting with my clothes. I don't have much clothes really, so you can see that most of them clothes were recycle.

I'll buy more beanies soon

 I love my Suede shoes

 I love patterns

 On the right is my "boyfriend jeans"..Umpy's jeans! its HIS!

Colour blocking is fun too

I have been taking these pictures since i moved to my current house. This is my third year. The mirror has been my friend. I know I ain't no celebs, ain't got no pretty face, but its how i express my feeling. You see, i am an accountant, so i really don't dress up to work. I am confident in my own skin, in my own style. What's amazing is that, I have been taking pictures in front of the same mirror for 3 years running now. However, pictures above were pictures taken throughout 2012. These are only some of the pictures.

I don't have preferences. These are just me being myself. If you notice, i have the same background which is my petite little room, enough for me to get ready and face the world. I love how British dress up. They're more daring and eccentric, and they have their personal own style. These clothes don't cost me much. So you'll not see me wearing any Ferragamo shoes, or LV bag or Prada jacket in that matter. Plus, i cant afford it!

Play dress-ups make me happy. Its one among many reasons that makes me excited to go out. I am no fashion expert, but at least i am being me, and not trying to be someone else, and most importantly, i am not breaking my bank account just to look good. Well, might post another one year of dressing up next year..that's 365days from now =)

p/s: no "mirrors" were harm during the shooting =P

-lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment