Tuesday 25 December 2012

karaoke ho ho ho

its yet ANOTHER belated birthday celebration. i know, i know! my friends love me too much, i can't say no, can i? ha ha. oh well, its actually an impromptu..or maybe not celebration, but the actual idea was going karaoke to sing, and play secret Santa. But because i always have people who can't make it every time, so its best to kinda have another celebrations with another bunch of lovely people.

 what i wore that night

Secret Santa in our case would be to secretly (obviously) request someone to sing a song of our choice. Well i got Wani to sing me Valerie, a cover by Amy Winehouse, originally by The Zutons, and honestly cant made up my mind which version is the best, but i love both versions. While me, "someone (CLUE: KEKER)" got me to sing Umbrella ella ella eh eh eh! ha ha. EH! Are you freaking out of your mind asking me to sing Rihanna's Umbrella?! Well as predicted, i murdered the song! Its Rihanna's song anyway, I'll murder it anytime! Ha ha. Jihan will be the proudest person on earth knowing i did just that.

So the Secret Santa is done, and the winner were *drum roll*, Zaty and "Deena Jones". Sani brilliantly presented them with their prize, Strepsils. Just brilliant. Well, he's a PhD doctor, mind you! 

Then its sing-your-heart-out time. So everyone starts singing, and then its my turn. I sang Come On Eileen by the Dexys Midnight Runners. They were laughing at the song and me! ha ha. Ehem, how dare they? None of them knows the song. Fine, i am old, and old school, the song was probably long forgotten by the time they were born. I forgive them. Hi hi! And then I sang another song, We Go Together by Grease, still i got a lukewarm response. These kids were bullying me. So this list of songs that i planned to sing, stays in the phone *shame* ha ha. I am really not cool at all, and also old, so no Rihanna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga etc in my iPod obviously.


its called Banjo people, that sound! pfft

But on a serious note, thanks to those who's making it to the karaoke session. I know some of you will definitely come if you're around, so its not like you're missing it on purpose. Thanks for the prezzie Wani and Keker dearest. Thanks for your precious time, it meant a lot. Thanks also a lot to Sani and Madir who sang Diana by Paul Anka to me. Its too cute.

 
just how cute and sweet is this?

These beautiful people 

 Thank you darling loves

These are among songs in my "oh so famous" playlist in case you wanna know. ha ha.

Catatonia - Mulder and Scully

Suzanne Vega - Luka

Santeria - Sublime

Letters To Cleo - I Want You To Want Me

Merry Christmas.

-lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment