Sunday 31 July 2011

Hello Ramadan

Another curtain falls..but this time, it will be longer. Ramadan come, any other Muslim observer will learn to respect the holy month. Summer is usually the best season out of all the 4 seasons. The sun makes u feel good. Well, let me tell u, in a country like this, u learn to appreciate the sun more than u stay out of it when its bright. ha ha. i can see u are giving me that 'wannabe' face as in 'dude, get over yourself! You're a Malaysian for goodness sake!' ha ha. well, at least my baby sister keep telling me the same thing when I'm obsessed with the sun.

So today, it will be the last summer for me. as in, the summer where i get to enjoy the BBQ, a nice fag under the sun and having a cold coke in my hand. I'll be the audience, watching all these happening in front of my eyes and to remain calm until the Iftar, which i supposed shouldn't be that hard. I've been doing this my whole life, fasting in Ramadan.

Having said that, BBQ or a fag under the sun, can never be as good as Ramadan. I feel so blessed that i got the chance to celebrate another Ramadan, and with God's will, i hope to be able to celebrate more Ramadan to comes. I am talking to my sister on 'whatsapp' while posting this blog. She told me mommy cook some soy sauce chicken, some french toast and nutella for 'sahur'. I miss home, i really do. I miss my family, i miss my friends and i miss my room. i miss having sahur with my family and then break fasting together. and oh, the bazaar ramadan gotta be the best part of fasting in Malaysia. Dude, the food is salivating for goodness sake. Sometimes, the Ramadan buffet which papa keep telling me and my sister 'its not worth taking u two to these buffet, you'll eat nothing more than rm10 and i paid a hefty rm50 per pax' ha ha, which is true by the way. when we were younger, it was a different story, the exposure, the motivation for us to fast was the reason for Ramadan buffet. As we get older, and all of us were working, time always seems to be the problem. But these days, buffets come for free, and that's when we go, by invitation i mean. ha ha. Also, i miss having an all girls break fasting session with my darlings. its the laugh and the never-ending story that makes it extra fun every time.

oh well, now that I'm not at home, i cook my own break fasting meals. i hope to be able to do some sardines curry puffs, 'begedil' and all these simple foods that gonna makes me feel like home. oh well, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. it can't be that bad! let's cherish Ramadan as its only here once a year. and just remember the gift that awaits us all when its over. and then 18hours? dude, who needs the no-carbs diet, or Atkins diet or South Beach diet or whatever. i am all Kate Moss by 1 September (yeah, i wish!).

oh yeah, got stopped by BBC journalists just now when umpy and i were at Finsbury Park. the question is

"what comes to your mind when u heard the word CHAV?"

so, me being the talkative me, i have all these explanations, opinions, recommendations whats-not, being filmed and interviewed. and then its umpy's turn

BBC: so, what do think? what goes through your mind when u heard the word chav?

umpy: well basically, i don't know what chav is, that's why i let my girlfriend do all the talking!

ha ha. even the lady who's supposed to do the interview laughed. that's umpy, he's all straight forward. if he doesn't know, means he doesn't know. he's not gonna pretend or play cool or whatever. and now that we're watching the telly, he kept saying so let's see if we'll be in BBC news or program or something. oh well, he's taking a pissed alright that man! pfft

oh and by the way, do check out the Malaysian papers if u could, we might be in there. we've been cam-whoring somewhere at the dockland and then took some pictures overlook the 'Tower Bridge' yesterday. it was a fun day despite me having some real serious issues with my headache. i need to do that MRI Scan. Ive always have these crazy headaches and stomachaches since i was younger. blimey! zaty and jihan on the other hand, were fasting yesterday. we had to stop at a pub to get water for them both and then, another pit stop along the way(we went to Delima for dinner and karaoke) for my paracetamol. i was so quiet along the way, the headache got me big time last night. Mind u, i do sing later that night(karaoke) as my headache was gone by then. it was a good Saturday indeed!

can u see the tower bridge?


i love this one (yeah, i was a bit bonkers!)


Tower Bridge

why do i have to hunch? (fat belly)

docklands

so Happy Fasting people. Have a good Ramadan! God bless us all. InsyaAllah


-lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment