Saturday 16 July 2011

Jorge, Alexa and Eliana Narvaez

On Thursday, my baby sister told me about this amazing dad daughter youtube sensation. So i decided to check it out. and boy oh boy, i am in love with these gorgeous people. they're too gorgeous to describe it in words. believe it or not, i am stuck (still) on youtube watching their show called "Our Journey" since 6pm (its almost 1am now). Its an amazing relationship between a father and his two adorable daughters. Their journey is just too beautiful to express it in any way. Jorge being a single dad doesnt look a bit of worrying at all, having to manage two small active girls at one time. Alexa and Eliana, doing what they're best at, being happy kids. Jorge and the girls are just blessed with life that almost surreal and the fact that the journey are watch by million others who adore them, is a definite happiness.

Well, i am glad being able to say that i have a normal wonderful life as a young kids too. All 3 of us, my baby sister, baby brother and mee were brought up the way it should be. We are not rich, but we are alright. I remember papa brings us out every weekend to eat McDonalds (kids love McDonalds), that i even remember the exact orders. Always filet o fish for my papa, my mommy and myself, chicken burger for my baby sister and everything thats on the menu for my baby brother (he aint heavy, he's my brother!). Our other weekends activities also include tennis session for me and my siblings, while papa on the other side of the court with his friends. Sometimes, we went for a swimming lesson (which by the way, i still don't know how to swim until now..ahuh!) while papa is putting in his 18holes and mommy, usually a loyal audience. Mommy doesn't do sports, her job is a pure working mommy's job. Working 5 days a week, and a full time housewife over the weekends.

Also, we went for holidays quite often. Although its nothing overseas or whatever, it is always a good one. Going to the beach, just relaxing over the weekends (while papa obviously playing golf). I remember going to the beach, and sitting on my dad's shoulder waiting for my dad to throw me into the water, got so scared cause i dont know how to swim (obviously!). Woke up really early in the morning, just to go to the beach. All these memories, will stay with me forever. I am just lucky to still have a complete family and the fact that my family have each other. U dont need money to be happy, but u cannot not having money to be happy either. So i guess, thats why things work out, because we're the average people. I grew up without any nanny or bibik to take care of the house chores, its always me and my sister giving mommy a hand every time. So doing the house chores is like a routine for me. I dont see why i need someone to take my laundry and do it for me, or to do the dishes when im done eating, because im blessed with a perfect ability. I remember papa always says "why do i need a nanny when i have 2 daughters to help their mommy?"

As years go by, the relationship that me and my siblings have with our parents are amazing. we talk about almost everything. i know its difficult to do it now that i'm far from home, but i get to talk to them anytime i want, and the fact that i know that i can talk to them about everything is the best part of my relationship with my parents, from love life to being an adult and from friendships to office politics. Absolutely everything. I am blessed. I am truly blessed! I know Alexa and Eliana will grow up being just as good as it gets just by seeing how Jorge treat his daughters. Just by watching the show makes me feel good. It reminds me of my childhood, although its not the same, but the fact that Alexa and Eliana are enjoying the best stage of their life that way, it brings back all the good memories that me and siblings have with our parents. It is just amazing. And that's why, i made promises to myself, they deserve something good from me. In fact, they deserved the best out of me. Deep down inside, i know they only want me to be happy. I got that chance to do what i want and how i want it to be. I am not being nasty, but i know, not everyone have that same chance and opportunities to do so. And so they will get one if not many, sooner or later. That's a promise i made to myself.



I am blessed with a life that have been nothing but great. Without my parents, i wouldnt be here. Quite possibly, i wouldnt even be able to write this. I wish i can turn back time and stay toddlers and young forever. Sit on my papa's lap, asking him to throw me into the sea, listen to him to not get on a bicycle when its raining, waiting for him to come to me when i'm sulking because i didnt get what i want, waiting for him to bring home the Swensen's ice cream..all those little things! if i have one wish, and only one wish at this very moment, all i want is my family, here with me! i dont need no big house, i dont ask for a fancy car, not even a luxurious holiday. i just want a nice family dinner at the stall, a "wake up, go and have ur shower, we're going for a brekkie" every Sunday morning and also a "stop provoking ur brother, u like to provoke him and u know he hates it" from my parents. After all, thats what family is all about, togetherness.



Sometimes i got scared, so scared that i won't be able to make them proud. I am not worries about them getting mad at me for not doing good in school, because i know, as long as i try, that sometimes things just dont work, they know and they are being ok about. Thats why im more scared because all they want is for me to be happy, and all i want is to make them proud. But i make a promise, and that promise i shall not break. ok, its pass 1am now, i am off to bed feeling a little bit homesick tonite. sigh. Until next time, laters!

-lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment