Monday 4 July 2011

my love/hate relationship with food

so was talking to my folks few days back, and my papa especially didn't say anything much but "how's work? how's classes?" kinda thing. and then, was talking to mommy on Saturday. was actually trying to calm her down due to some things at home (sister's thingy!). and then, she start asking me like what are u having for lunch today? whats for dinner kinda question. it was normal really, until she starts banging about me eating too much bread (well, umpy is Eastern European and me working at the bakery basically evolve around daily dosage of bread). she said, papa complaints about my face looking rounder than ever, *dang*! so they both have asked me to stop eating breads. this is where umpy overheard "makan roti, makan roti!" and start imitating me "makan roti! makan roti!" which means "eating bread, eating bread!". ha ha. so yeah, then i decided to stop eating bread. well at least, until today i haven't touch any bread, or a so-called bread i supposed.

and then, my crappy diet starts. i was thinking of cutting down the bread due to carbohydrates, instead i went to Iceland and bought myself some salads. no, its not green salads! its potato and italian pasta salad. damn! but these white creamy salads are just too irresistible, so i ate it anyway. despite closing one eyes on the pasta. then, i bought myself tuna and sweetcorn pasta..PASTA AGAIN!! so when will i ever cut down my carbs? its not that i looooove food, but i am not saying that i hate them either. its just that, good food are irresistible. pastas, white bread, potato. what am i thinking??

so i salute those NORMAL people who actually do follow these strict diets. i am so bloody sure that somewhere deep down inside them, they defo wanna eat the same food like we do. but their determination and with their mind set on that, there's no way they'll going to eat even a little itsy bitsy tiny small bit out of the meal. oh i know people who's like that. and plus, healthy lifestyle is important too. exercises, workouts are definitely good for your body.

well as for me, i haven't touch any bread since Saturday, but stupidly ate few croissants and pastries (i worked in a bakery factory for fuck sake!). so i think, my diet plans are crap. i don't have enough patient to stand there by the shelf, and check out the ingredients! lucky u bastards who have lots of money and eat expensive healthy food i.e. organic foods especially, who have money to splash on the gym, and most importantly, private trainer. i can't let go of fizzy drinks. damn! but with little determination in me, i'll try to cut down food as much as i can (and i have been saying this for months now, even umpy get bored of the same self promises already!)

with this lazy arse, i keep staying in and stay in front of the lappie for hours, most of the time working out on my dissertation. i can actually exercise if i want to, to walk back home after work. but come on now, I've been standing for at least 7hours when i'm working. hence the laziness (fatigue?). oh well, i need to cut down some pounds, but i need something sore to pump up my determination. but i can't so far. haihh..

-lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment