Thursday 28 July 2011

my summer 'festival'

its 3 more days before we welcome the holy month of Ramadan. this is finally my summer 'festival'. surviving without any foods or drinks or fags. honestly, i don't mind not eating for 18hours or so, but i cannot bear not drinking any water especially when I'm working. i worked in a 'box' which is suffocate enough to make me vomit if i don't drink enough water. no air, no windows, no air-conditioner and its sane to say there's only Co2 in there (disgusting).

so have u make up on your missed days last year, or even years before? i already did cause if I'm at home, its always during Syawal (6 days). i made up on days that i missed last Ramadan during winter cause it has shorter daylight, which I'm pretty sure other Muslims living in a country with 4 seasons will fancy winter for paying up days that they've missed. they say u will probably feel hungry due to the cold weather, but its fine really. plus, who wanna go out when its cold?

but there's something that i struggle to do when Ramadan comes, cook and making sure it taste nice (never a problem when I'm back at home! sigh), and another gotta be the explaining part to those non-Muslim about Ramadan. the most frequent question that will be asked would be "Why are u fasting like that? Not drinking or anything at all? We fast too but we cannot eat meat yada yada yada..but why?". Its funny cause my answers seem scriptural every time. To feel grateful of what we have and stop committing too much sins that will demerit the full benefits of fasting. Also, to appreciate what we have and that not everyone have that chance to eat nice food, even eating any food all day long. All sort of answers that have got to do with appreciation. I think eventually, they will understand my point and hopefully those answers are making sense.

together we count the days, hours to Ramadan Al-Mubarak. Hence, I'm lowering myself to all of you and asking for forgiveness for all those things that I've done that might hurt u and whether or not I've done it intentionally or unintentionally. For i am only another human beings with flaws, and like u, i am just His imperfect servant. Let's cherish Ramadan for it only comes once a year and let's hope it will help us improve ourselves to be a better person, an obedient daughter/son, a hardworking student, a respected surveillance and most importantly a good Muslim.

ciao amigo!

Salam Ramadan Al-Mubarak to all Muslims wherever you are.


-lady-

No comments:

Post a Comment